Wednesday, January 10, 2007

A home for Boo?

Once again, my habit of lurking around animal rescue sites has landed me in a bit of a quandry. This is Boo, and he's available for adoption in Rock Hill, SC. My ever-patient cohort (thank you, Jimmy) and I have visited this little guy. He's charming -- so sweet, so cuddly, and when he wants your attention, he stands up just like he does in the picture. He couldn't be cuter. Considering his rough background, this dog deserves to be loved and spoiled like crazy. Does anyone know of someone who would be interested in adopting Boo?

Boo was found in the pound in horrible shape (pic below), and has since had eye surgery and medical care and he's ready to go home to someone. I thought it rather serendipitous that I fell in love with a Boo -- we already have a Scout, so we're a mere Atticus and Jem short of classic Southern fiction. But as we really don't have the room for a third dog, we can't take the guy in. Yet I just can't sleep until I hear he's found a good home. Anyone have room for Boo?


4 comments:

axldebaxar said...

I feel bad that no one has commented on poor little Boo. At least he has a good foster home, but it's sad that no one seems to have noticed his story on your site. I think our blogs have fallen out of fashion. (I have to admit that mine's even out of fashion with me--I can't come up with any worthy topics, and I'm completely unmotivated.) I'm still a "feminist chick" fan, though, so don't give up!

feminist chick said...

I know! How can anyone resist this little guy? Heartless souls, every one of 'em. Or both of them, rather, considering the extent of my readership (Hi, Mom, Jimmy!).

Anonymous said...

I am a big fan. I love this blog and share its contents with my colleagues at the University of Nairobi where I am a visiting scholar.

Regards,

Dr. Slojak-Pittman
Visiting Professor of Anthropology and Neuromancy

feminist chick said...

Right back at you, Dr. S-P. You are indeed a visiting scholar everywhere you go, be it a university, room, or blog. A drive-by scholar, if you will.

You know, I think little Boo here would love a stint in Nairobi. What about taking on a little apprentice of anthropology and neuromancy?