Wednesday, February 21, 2007

A quick vote, please.

Raise your hand if you didn’t watch Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip. Hands raised? Now take that hand and smack yourself in the head. It was a really good show, but it looks like because of people like you (tsk tsk tsk), it’s hasta la bye-bye for Sorkin’s latest.

I'm not much of a TV person. I have the same theory regarding new shows as I do drugs: they’re not especially helpful and I get on just fine without them, so why risk any addiction? But thanks to the advice of Sortarunnerguy, I gave this one a shot and really liked it. Matthew Perry, Bradley Whitford and Amanda Peet have great chemisty. Aaron Sorkin writes so beautifully Sorkin. Sure, it peaked early, it wandered as of late, but even mediocre Sorkin is good TV.

Now if Scrubs wraps this year, I’ll be back to take another vote. And you’ll get worse than a head smack if I lose my weekly dose of Braff.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your most poetic post yet. I like the image on your having theories while doing drugs (slyly phrased, but I'm too sharp, so I caught it). Followed up by "gave this one shot" -- as in shooting drugs, I assume. Also: "Great chemistry". And, finally, "dose of Braff." Your blog, like all drugs, is great. Especially smack, which you reference in paragraph #1.

Regards,
Dr. Slojak-Pittman
Head Physician and Thoracic Surgeon, Promises Rehabilitation Center, Beverly Hills, CA

Anonymous said...

I vote for feminist chick to post more on her blog.

Mick and Bashi said...

Are these TV shows?